Volkswagen is launching dataplug connected new T-Cross compact SUV in South Africa later this year.
The local Volkswagen’s connection plan started with AppConnect available to iOS users since 2016 and Android as of 2018.
VW Connect dataplug is the next step in connectivity and will launch with T-Cross from September 2019.
This app will replace the current My VW App in South Africa.
T-Cross is coolest fast-growing Volkswagen SUV range which boasts a bold design and dynamic look, spacious interior, practicality, versatility, and connectivity.
Dubbed the most connected car, T-Cross will available at the launch with Volkswagen’s VW Connect dataplug.
The dataplug is an easy ‘‘Plug and Play‘‘retrofit car connectivity solution which has countless benefits for Volkswagen customers.
The Volkswagen Group plans to invest billions of Euros in digitization in the next five years, making the car central hub on the Internet of Things.
This means Volkswagen develop and speed up the Group-wide platform and digital services for the “Volkswagen We” ecosystem.
The dataplug plugged in the Onboard Diagnostic Interface sends data via Bluetooth to the customer’s smartphone.
VW Connect dataplug processes the vehicle data and visualize it to the customer.
The VW Connect dataplug functions include:
- Overview of the most important car data
- Car Servicing
- Assessment of driving style
- Overview of the fuel consumption monitor
- Automated saving of car location,
- Digital logbook including the option to export it
- Collecting trophies and points and
- 24/7 contact to the Volkswagen Assist hotline
The VW Connect we will extend connectivity solution to Volkswagen vehicle owners from next year.
The VW Connect dataplug is standard on the T-Cross Comfortline, Highline and R-Line models.
Volkswagen T-Cross Fasts Facts
- The T-Cross measures 4.2 metres in length (182 millimetres more than the Polo), 1 584 millimetres in height compared to the Polo’s 1 461 millimetres and has a wheelbase of 2 551 millimetres.
- The driver and front passenger seat 597 millimetres above the road, while the rear passengers getsfrom a vantage point of 652 millimetres.
- Up to four USB ports and the optional inductive wireless charging to make sure the best connectivity and enough power for smartphones.
- Another highlight of the T-Cross is the optional Beats sound with a 300-watt, 8-channel amplifier and a separate subwoofer in the luggage compartment.
- Optional safety and driver assistance systems available on the T-Cross includes Front Assist area monitoring system, the lane keeping assistant Lane Assist, Hill Start Assist (available from 2020), the proactive occupant protection system, automatic adaptive cruise control (available from 2020), Park Assist and the Blind Spot Detection lane change assist system with the integrated Rear Traffic Alert (available from 2020).
- The T-Cross boasts a top score in the Euro NCAP safety tests
- VW fits 16-inch wheels as standard on the T-Cross and 17-inch alloy wheels are available as a choice.18-inch alloy wheels are only available as an option on the Highline and R-Line models.
- The T-Cross will be available in the following engines;
1.0 TSI with 70kW (available from the second quarter of 2020 at the starting price of below R300 000 for the Trendline derivative),
1.0 TSI with 85kW (available at launch) and the top of the range 1.5 TSI with 110kW (available from the first quarter of 2020).
- The 1.0 TSI with the 70kW engine will be offered with 5-speed manual transmission. The 1.0 TSI with 85kW and 1.5 TSI with 110kW engines will only be offered with 7-speed DSG transmission.
In a first for Volkswagen South Africa, pre-sales of the T-Cross will be open from July 15, 2019, on www.vw.co.za.
The pre-booking process on the website gives customers the opportunity to be the first to buy the T-Cross from Volkswagen dealers before it becomes available in September.
Recommended Retail Price (VAT and emissions tax included)
1.0 TSI 85kW Comfortline DSG® R334 600
1.0 TSI 85kW Highline DSG® R365 000
The T-Cross comes standard with a 3 year/120 000km warranty, a 3 year/ 45 000km Volkswagen Service Plan and a 12-year anti-corrosion warranty. Service interval is 15 000km.
Follow us on Social Media